India Cricket Team

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tendulkar eyes landmark 100th Test century during series with England

Sachin Tendulkar will be reunited with his India team-mates this week, aiming to achieve his 100th international hundred against England in the first of their four-Test series at Lord's, starting on Thursday week. 

But even if he does so on a ground where his highest previous Test score is 37, do not expect the 38-year-old to mark this milestone any differently from the way he has celebrated any other in his 22-year career. 

'I am still learning about the game,' said Tendulkar, who has been rested while India have moved triumphantly through a tour of the West Indies.

'You have to keep your mind open. I figure something out about my batting all the time. Those small adjustments with your footwork or bat-swing improve your game. I love doing that.' 

The Little Master's passion for the game remains so strong that even if he brings this plot-line to its Bollywood conclusion, do not expect the credits to roll just yet. 

'Life without cricket is unthinkable,' he added. 'I still love cricket as much as ever. It is my job, but it is also my passion. I dreamed of playing for my country when I was young (he made his debut at 16) and it is still my dream, it is still fun for me.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys