India Cricket Team

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I am more confident now: Parthiv Patel

Parthiv Patel looks forward to his role as wicketkeeper in India’s side that will travel to the West Indies in the coming weeks, while England’s Jonathan Trott looks back on England’s recent performances and ahead to a busy summer of cricket, on this week’s ICC Cricket World Radio Show.

Patel, who has played in 18 ODIs, will most likely keep wicket ahead of squad member Wriddhiman Saha during the limited overs tour as India captain MS Dhoni is rested for the first part of the country’s tour of the West Indies.

The 26-year-old says: “I was very young when I first came into the side, but I’ve now more confidence and belief having scored runs in my domestic games which has seen me rise up the batting order.

“I was willing to change anything about my cricket in order to get into the side and if it meant changing my batting so I would come in higher up the order then so be it. I opened the batting in the domestic games and did so successfully and that movement up the order was probably my main reason to get me selected into the India side.

“I am honestly not thinking beyond the West Indies, now I have an opportunity to prove myself and to stay in the present and perform to the best of my abilities. Whatever MS Dhoni has achieved, he deserves it – he is one of the best captains, if not the best captain, India has ever had and what I just have to do is wait for my opportunity to come and keep pushing my way back into the India side.”

Trott, who has played in 18 Tests and 25 ODIs for England is looking forward to a summer of big cricket at home: “The current team is trying to get better and better and that’s the drive and mentality that Andy Flower and Andrew Strauss have created.

“I think we have a good all-round side that can beat India, who are currently number one in the world, and I think it will be a mouth-watering summer of both Test and one-day cricket for fans and the players," said Trott.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys