India Cricket Team

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bowling coach Simons to consider staying on

A day after Indian coach Gary Kirsten decided to bid adieu to Indian cricket team, his compatriot Eric Simons said he would not mind staying on as the bowling coach if the Indian cricket board (BCCI) wishes to retain him.

"I don't know what exactly the situation is and what the BCCI is thinking. But if I am asked to look after the Indian team in the capacity I have so far, I will certainly consider it," Simons, who is also the bowling coach of the Delhi Daredevils team in IPL, told TOI on Wednesday.

"My experience with the Indian team has been really good. I remember when the team won the World Cup and we stepped out of the dressing room to shake hands with the Sri Lankan players, the atmosphere in the stadium was terrific. Indian team really needed to do this for their team and country. I am glad that I was a part of it," Simons said.

He also said that Kirsten left this team with a heavy heart, but he had to be with the family. "He has been away from the family for a while and that is why he was forced to take this decision," Simons said and added that every coach brings a certain set of men to the table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys