India Cricket Team

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Full credit to India for win: Dilshan

Tillakaratne Dilshan
Ace Sri Lankan cricketer Tillakaratne Dilshan has given "full credit to India" for winning the World Cup in Mumbai.

Dilshan told the BBC that Sri Lanka had high hopes of winning the Cup "but it is very sad that we lost to India in the final.

"Full credit to India. India played better cricket, they outplayed us in all three areas - batting, bowling and fielding," he added.

Dilshan, who took one Indian wicket after scoring 33 runs in the well fought April 2 final, has played in two World Cups.

"But it's sad - really a very bad feeling - that Sri Lanka were runners-up on both occasions. I would have been happy with my performance had I stayed in for 10 more overs and built a better partnership with captain Kumar Sangakkara."

"After Upul Tharanga went early, as a result of Zaheer Khan's superb bowling, I was forced to take a step back and made sure I stayed in. If I had stuck with my natural game and played aggressive shots, there was a danger of India taking my wicket."

Dilshan though added that it was unfortunate to get dismissed the way he did in the ultimate match. "I think it was the most unfortunate occasion when I got out during the tournament. The ball did not touch the bat - it hit my armguard, my pad and then hit the stumps."

"I am sure had I stayed in a bit longer, we would have scored more than 300 which in turn might have changed the final result."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys